Plotyblog

You never know, it might grow...

Thursday, April 06, 2006

It's Greg and Charlie's fault

So, I was watching Veg Out this morning on Discovery Real Time, and was astounded at the size of the Purple Sprouting Broccolli plants on there. Twice, I 've grown them now - and they've not got that big yet. maybe I need to restrain myself and stop eating the leaves. (With butter and nutmeg.)

I'm looking at brassicas (brassicae?) in general to be honest - I've
always been on the shy side as catterpillars do tend to munch
anything I leave alone for too long.
This year though, I have designs on a lovely little kale and
romanesco like this one....

As well as my PSB. I also know that herself will eat all of that - much to her suiprise! Let's see how she does with the Amaranth...

2 Comments:

Blogger Greenmantle said...

Hi

Welcome to Allotmenteers Anonyomous.
Another nice site to add to my links!
Can't hlep thinking I should have outgrown collecting links but heck...

2:23 PM  
Blogger Bupster said...

Nice design, looking forward to reading you! Now must remember how to add links....

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home